NEET 2020: 166 students from Chattisgarhs Prayas initiative clear medical entrance

NEET 2020: 166 students from Chattisgarhs Prayas initiative clear medical entrance

A total of 166 students from the state-run Prayas and Sankalp schools in Chhattisgarh have cleared the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), an official said. Of them, 26 are from Bastar and 5 are from Bijapur-districts affected by Left-wing extremism.

“Of the 166 who cleared the exam, 38 are girls from a state-run residential school in Raipur,” said Shammi Abidi, director of the state’s tribal welfare department. “Besides, 34 students from Naxal-hit Dantewada and 15 from Jashpur, who are being provided education under other initiatives have also cleared NEET.”

Of the five children from Bijapur, three are from distant villages and were studying under the state government-run ‘Choo Lo Aasmaan’ classes, which help meritorious students prepare for competitive exams after class 10.

Children of tribal farmers, these aspirants are now waiting for the counselling sessions for admissions to medical colleges.

Seema Bhagat, one of these five students, said, “I want to work for AIIMS and being from Bijapur, it was just a dream. But now, I am closer to achieving my dream.”

leave your comment

Your email address will not be published.